This is my original recipe. I started with a master recipe in a cookbook, but changed it over the years.
The corn flour and yogurt make this a much better muffin than using 100% flour.
Blueberry Corn Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 T baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup home-cultured yogurt, or 1 cup milk
- 1-2 cups blueberries, fresh or previously frozen (and thawed)
- Mix everything but blueberries
- Add blueberries.
- Place in greased muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for around 20-25 minutes. This depends on the size of the muffin tin you use. I use large muffin tins, and it takes about 25 minutes.
- Any berry will work in this. I use blueberries because I pick and freeze a truckload every year. You can also dice up apples, use nuts, flavor with almond or vanilla.
GLUTEN FREE: No. I have not tested this with a gluten free flour. I’ll update this if I do.
VEGETARIAN: Yes. Don’t add the meat.
VEGAN: Not this version.
KETO: No. Not even close.
INSTANT POT: There are muffin tins for the Instant Pot, but I don’t recommend this. Tastes like a steamed muffin.
COOK AHEAD: This will freeze well.
COST: $ Nearly free. A muffin at your coffee shop costs a couple bucks. I paid $2.30/pound to pick blueberries, and buy pantry ingredients in bulk. I always have these things on hand, so this recipe feels free.