Your privacy is critically important to Poser Homestead.
Need to find us? Send us a holiday card? Just wondering where we are to trade seeds and recipes?
Poser Homestead is located at:Poser Homestead
PO Box 233 Scituate
02857 – RI , United States
(401)647-6098 YES! WE CARE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY…
- Dawn here: The template lawyers wrote this paragraph. In the future, we hope to sell some inspirational things–PDFs. prize-winning fair recipes… who knows what the future holds. There aren’t any additional terms and conditions, but maybe there will be–maybe, if I sell my Grandmother’s prize winning pie recipe (which I can’t, because God love her she was not a good cook) I’ll ask you to not to publish it in your cookbooks. Who knows? But, no matter what we do, I’ll respect you. Promise.
Like most website operators, Poser Homestead collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Poser Homestead’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Poser Homestead’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Poser Homestead may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
- Dawn here: The attorneys wrote that sentence too. The main thing I do is look at email reports. I want to know… are you reading the email? Do. you think it’s valuable? Do you love my recipes and tips?
Poser Homestead also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on https://www.poserhomestead.com blog posts. Poser Homestead only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Poser Homestead’s websites choose to interact with Poser Homestead in ways that require Poser Homestead to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Poser Homestead gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a blog at https://www.poserhomestead.com to provide a username and email address.
- Dawn here: Right now, I collect your info to sign up for the email list. Most of the people on the email list when it started were related to me. So, even if they ask me to forget them, I can’t really. But, I hope this project grows, and if it does, and if you join, I’ll collect your info for the newsletter and any free gifts you might ask. I will collect your name and email address and all the things the list provider knows, like geographic region (this: so I can adhere to all the crazy laws such as GDPR and California privacy laws making me write this right now). And, if I ever start selling things and require more info, like your address and payment info, I’ll use the best processor I can find and be top-level with privacy there, too.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Dawn here: …therefore, you promise not to sue me if some hacker cracks into the site.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
- Dawn here: I link to sites in articles if they benefit you. I get spammed all the time by people asking me to connect to their sites so they can get better Google search results. I never agree. Also, I don’t accept guest posts from marketers looking to find real estate for more links to their stuff. If I link to something, it’s because I wanted to, I thought it was valuable at the time, and I hope you’ll enjoy the information.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Poser Homestead discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Poser Homestead’s behalf or to provide services available at Poser Homestead’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Poser Homestead’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Poser Homestead will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Poser Homestead discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Poser Homestead believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Poser Homestead, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of https://www.poserhomestead.com and have supplied your email address, Poser Homestead may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Poser Homestead and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Poser Homestead takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- Dawn here: The lawyers wrote that paragraph, too. At present time, I have no employees. I don’t even pay myself. But if I am lucky enough to have some down the road, I promise you they will value your privacy like you are their own relative–the kind they love, not the kind they fight with at holiday dinner.
Poser Homestead may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Poser Homestead may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Poser Homestead does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
- Dawn here: This is a legal paragraph, too. The stats I use: Google Analytics, and the analytics my email list provider tells me. I high-five myself when I see that you’re reading, clicking, and enjoying. Right now, this is a small site. I see no reason to publish, “OMG, someone besides my mom read this!” But maybe in the future I’ll be able to display charts and graphs of your favorite tips and recipes… who knows?
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Poser Homestead uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Those who engage in transactions with Poser Homestead – by purchasing Poser Homestead’s services or products, are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Poser Homestead collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Poser Homestead. Poser Homestead does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
- Dawn here: As I build this out, I will have a store, offers, and whatever looks good at the time. Again, I’ll take the info I need, and guard your privacy.
Any Other Privacy Concerns
This is all Dawn, not the lawyers:
Poser Homestead started as a small community site to learn homesteading, healthy eating, simple living, and these days–a little more self-reliance. Eventually, I may sell some guides, products, prize winning heirloom seeds–who knows. I’m not there yet. But, right now, all the email info’s private. Enjoy the emails, unsubscribe if you must. If you do, I will delete you.
I’m not an attorney, and all these new GDPR and California laws make me want to stop writing, to be honest, because we can’t have any fun without a fleet of legal fees.
I’m not making any money here now. Right now, I’m spending it to host the site, keep things running, and making the content with no compensation–just to share what Iearn. If I someday do put some income-generating stuff here, I promise you this–I’ll safeguard your data, behave with the highest ethics, and give you all the value I can. I appreciate you as a reader and member of this community. In return, you know I’m acting in good faith, drawing up the best privacy agreement I can.
I do not have affiliate links, but if I ever do, I’ll tell you. When I get a shop up and running, as some day I’d like to. I’ll protect your data there, too. I don’t collect children’s data, but if someone under 13 slips under the radar, I’m as wholesome as a homesteader who just lost a crop of zucchini can be.
And if I’ve forgotten to mention something, and you have questions or concerns, you can contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll do my best to give you all the information you need.
Also, I’m giving the best info I have for food, self-reliance, plant-based articles, chickens and livestock, shelters, money-saving tips, income-generating ideas… anything I can think of that helps you. I assume no legal liability for any homesteading foods, recipes, food-preservation techniques, gardening ideas, or anything homestead or site related that you try that doesn’t work out for you. Especially with food preservation, canning, natural first-aid, or livestock sanitation, you’ve got to follow the rules, be careful, use best practice and the highest common sense.
Hope you enjoy the site and anything I currently have or may build here.
Credit & Contact Information